Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Preterm Labor Issues

It's been a long day. Since early this morning I'm been having lots of regular contractions - not a good thing at this stage. I did all the "how to stop contractions" things, but they kept going. So I had an emergency trip to the doctor this afternoon. Thankfully the contractions aren't productive (causing real labor signs) at this point. They did a fetal fibronectin test which thankfully came back negative, which basically tells us that there is a 99% chance that I will not deliver the baby within the next week (um, I need like three more months!). Anyway, I'm stuck feeling really crappy, having to lay down, and drink massive amounts of water in hopes the contractions stop (they've been going all day). I see the doctor again in a couple of days. It's just really frustrating and I'm not really sure what's going on.

No comments: