Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Pregnancy Diet

So for the first time in months I am finally able to eat somewhat normally again. This whole pregnancy takes over my body, appetite, smell thing is really overwhelming. I spent over four months not being able to eat or drink hardly anything. I lost a lot of weight, was hospitalized for dehydration, and took drugs to prevent me from throwing up what I did manage to put in my mouth. Most days that was a very small selection of carbs. I could do potatoes and bread (with no crust). For awhile the only things that I could force myself to eat were tator tots and Cinnamon toast crunch. sounds yummy, doesn't it?

Slowly the nausea subsided to the point where I can now stand the taste of water and eat basic food. And by basic food that means I can tolerate most typical American food (i.e. junk food) - hamburgers, pizza, grilled cheese, ice cream. Veggies and fruits still make me gag. So I feel like I am 5 and it's driving me nuts. I am so into eating healthy and organic and here all I can eat is the worst sorts of foods for me. I eat freaking processed coffee cake for breakfast because super-sweet stuff is all I can handle in the mornings. I feel like I'm betraying myself at just about every meal and yet I need to eat. It's just really weird.

No comments: