Friday, February 29, 2008

When will the world stop spinning?

So I collapsed at the doctor's office today. I was getting a shot and then everything started spinning and I started blacking out. They had to lay me down while I tried not to throw up and clenched my eyes against the light. Well at least now I assume they believe me when when I say "dizziness and vertigo are a problem"... It was embarrassing though. When this happens at home I just lie down. At the doctor's office they kinda freak out, run for the doctor and start doing all sorts of tests on me. Of course they found nothing wrong besides the fact that I'm weird and my body really doesn't like being pregnant (not that they put it in those words exactly).

I'm just sick of all the dizziness and wish the world would stop spinning occasionally. Most days stuff is just vaguely "off." I can still function, read, write and all that. Other days I shut down I feel so horrible. The closest thing I can compare it to is a combination of the worst parts of being drunk plus the hangover afterwards - I'm dizzy, nauseated, shaky, sensitive to light and sound, achy, and stuck with a splitting headache. On top of that then often comes the cramping, contractions, and heartburn. This isn't stuff they talk about in those "what to expect when you're expecting books." I'm excited and happy about the baby, but I would love to just feel normal for a day

No comments: